This handy web-based tool allows you to customise your video stream of your favourite video conferencing software (e.g. ZOOM, Teams, Webex, GotoMeeting). We have developed the software for our own trainings and workshops to provide the participants a typical "Orange Hills" feeling and allow more engaging and interactive virtual sessions. The first link provided below is for instructors and the second for participants of your video calls:
The basic features of the software are:
|Show / hide side banners|
Displays a banner on the left side of your screen and puts text on it (e.g. welcome note, key topics, agenda, contact details etc.). You can choose from two background colours: Gray and purple.
You can prepare three different text elements that you want to show throughout a session. Click on the corresponding radio button and hit "SHOW" to show your text on screen.
|Show / hide agenda||Shows a simple agenda for your session (six seven items max. with time and topic).|
|Show / hide "Business Design" process|
Shows a very basic "Business Design" process at the bottom of your screen. You can highlight each phase by pressing the following buttons:
|Show / hide text ticker||Shows a simple text ticker with content you have filled into the input field.|
|Show / hide real-time chat|
Provides a panel on the video screen that shows real-time messages from yourself and your participants. Use this function for simple polls, quizzes or interactive discussions. Your participants can use their smart phones (http://video.orangehills.de) as a second screen to interact with you during a session. We love it!
HINT: The pin provided in the little input field ("0000") is important for your participants to connect to your session. Hit the "QR CODE" button and provide your participants a seamless experience to connect: They just need to hold their smart phones (with camera on) in front of their screens, record the QR code and get redirected to the pre-configured client. Done.
|Show / hide timer||Displays a timer counting backwards from X min to 0. The timer will be displayed at the bottom right corner of your screen. This element can be repositioned on your screen with the cursor buttons.|
|Show / hide text||Allows you overlay a customizable text with a pretty large font size over your entire screen.|
|Show / hide pictures|
Shows a white panel on your screen that allows you selecct image files from your computer to be displayed on your video screen. You can select two sizes:
Use the cursor buttons to move the panels around. This panel can also be repositioned with cursor buttons.
|Show / hide Youtube video||...similar to "Show / hide picture" but for video content. Works only with Youtube. You need a Youtube ID of a video to load and show it.. These IDs can be found on Youtube below the videos ("Share" button).|
|Show / hide "Business Design" guiding principles||Shows the famous" Business Design" magnetic shapes...nothing fancy but helpful for short "Business Design" introductions.|
Instructions fot Setup
You need a basic setup to get the software up and running:
- Computer with your video conferencing software
- HDMI video switcher (e.g. Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini) with a LUMA or Chroma keyer and connected to your computer via USB
- USB to HDMI adapter to connect your computer to the HDMI switcher (your second screen)
- External video camera that is also connected via HDMI to your switcher
Please follow the steps below:
- Start your video conferencing software and select the HDMI video switcher as camera source
- Open the Video Overlay Controller on http://video.orangehills.de/admin and open the "fill window" (GREEN mode)
- Drag the "fill window" with your mouse over to your second screen (left or right side of your main screen)
- Set the "fill window" to fullscreen
- Turn on the Chroma keyer of your HDMI video switcher, fed by the HDMI input that is connected to your computer (second screen)
- Voila. Now you can show / hide the different functions and visual elements introduced before.